Open “Office Administrator” Position
(28.5 hours weekly)
The Office Administrator at Byfield Parish Church manages the church office with all the attendant responsibilities. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, acting as the central communication hub for the church; managing building use; working with congregants, committees, and other staff; thinking strategically to increase church effectiveness; following through on church policies; and ensuring necessary supplies are available. The ideal candidate would be a mature Christian with at least three years’ experience in a related work environment.
- Take in and process relevant information, and communicate that information to the congregation through weekly bulletins, regular emails, the church website, social media, and other available means.
- Schedule building use as appropriate through the procedures the church has established for all such requests.
- Facilitate the efforts of congregants to serve in areas where they are passionate.
- Act as the primary contact for all church communication, including pastoral needs that may be sensitive in nature.
- Adhere to all church policies and procedures.
- Maintain church records by keeping the database up to date, and assisting the Clerk with reports.
- Normal hours are Tuesday through Friday from 9 AM to 3:30 PM or 8 AM to 2:30 PM, and Sundays from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
- Compensation is $14-20 hourly depending on qualifications, with 2 weeks paid vacation yearly.
- To apply please email a cover letter, resume, and testimony of faith to Pastor Brent Fugate.
- A fuller job description is also available by emailing Pastor Brent.